Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Again


I should have dressed this up with some Cool Whip. But I didn't have any Cool Whip, so I had to jazz up the scene with chickens and tangerines instead.


Last weekend Rob and I made another batch of vegan sweet potato pies with our own homegrown organic sweet potatoes. Sweet potato pie has definitely become my favorite guilt-free dessert/quick breakfast--and making it often is a great way to use up some of our millions of football-sized sweet potatoes. (They're kind of a burden.) I've posted the recipe before, but it's so good I think it deserves posting again. And another picture.

Rob’s Vegan Sweet Potato Pie

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked sweet potato

1 cup coconut milk

¾ cup brown sugar

¼ cup cornstarch

1 Tbsp molasses

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp allspice

1 tsp cloves

1 pie shell

Directions:

Combine the first nine ingredients. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° F for 1 hour. Pie must be cooled for several hours before it is ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment