Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vegan Strawberry Milkshake



I've had the nicest morning. I got up obscenely early, which is really fun for me (I feel like I'm stealing time, cheating the system). I was sitting in the sun room in my pajamas when I saw a big barred owl in the backyard, in the dim, predawn light. He took off from the ground (I guess he'd caught something) and flew off into the woods. It was a magical sight.

I brushed Foxy and Carl, and they purred and bumped heads in a drowsy, comfortable, companionable way. Then I went out and swept the front porch (still in my pajamas) just as excuse to admire my caladiums. In case you were wondering, they're still awesome. I have them in several spots around the porch in fancy urns.

I didn't have any food in the house except for ice cream and (weirdly) strawberries, so I decided to make myself a vegan strawberry milkshake for breakfast. It was quite delightful. When I was taking the milkshake's picture, the cats kept horning in, so in most of the shots I got there are ears or perhaps a paw or tail included. Cats make everything more complicated.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

Vegan Strawberry Milkshake

Ingredients:

1 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup almond milk
1 Tbls sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh organic strawberries

Directions:

Mix everything in a blender until smooth.



4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy!!! Anything Strawberry flavored will capture me immediately!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your milkshake looks delicious...what a tasty treat to start your day off with. It's amazing how much wildlife we can see when we get up early...or just take the time to sit quietly and watch. Sounds like you had a wonderful day...and p.s. love the little plate your milkshake it sitting on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan. I would like to spend more time observing and enjoying my yard; I have a bad habit of always thinking that I need to be "busy."

    ReplyDelete