Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Garden Furniture



About a month ago, Rob and I bought some vintage cast-iron garden furniture in Dothana bench and two chairs, with a fern motif. We scraped the rust off, primed everything, and painted each piece a nice, glossy black. Last night we applied our last coat of paint, and today we finally arranged our new furniture by the pond. Now Rob and Bubbles (our neighbors' cat) can watch the goldfish in style.

This afternoon Chip, my teddy bear, tried out one of the new chairs. In the picture above, he's waiting for me to bring him his lunchsome pimento cheese sandwiches and Sprite arranged on a little tray, with a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo . . . I feel a tinge of mournfulness when I look at it ~ which is the exact opposite of what I felt when I saw a post from you.

    Enjoy your new furniture and happy spring!

    eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting, Eli. Happy spring to you too! This winter sure has been a rough one and I am ready for it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now is a good time to start looking at ne wteak outdoor furniture since summer is finally upon us!

    ReplyDelete